Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An apple update

I promised pictures...here's some pictures! I collected about five of those baskets filled with apples. We have 87 apples remaining. Now they are being sliced and diced and frozen in quart-size freezer bags. So, if, this winter you get your taste buds groovin' for apple pie, apple cake, fried apples or apple turnovers, come on over and I'll share a bag with you!

By the way, I bought a copy of the September issue of Southern Living magazine--82 Great Tasting Recipes, including "our best ever apple pie!"



2 comments:

Leslie said...

OK, do you know how to make those yummy apple fritters? If so, I am there! Well actually I like all apples just about anyway except with the peeling still intact.

The only kind of apple tree we have is a crab apple tree; they are not good for anything but shade! Jackson, however, loved to cram the whole little crab apple in his mouth when he was a toddler. I remember that was the first of many phone calls with that boy to the pediatrician asking, "Will this hurt him if he ate it?"

Alex and Jill said...

The apples look great!

I have a recipe for the best apple pie...it's 'sugar free' Has all-natural sugars in it...very yummy and very easy!