Tuesday, April 6, 2010

This is My Story...This is My Song...

I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the Lord: "O Lord, save me!"

The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.

Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to me."

Psalm 116:1-7 NIV

I read these words in a card that Mel Fell gave me just before I went in for surgery and knew they expressed exactly the way I feel. I've struggled with "why me?" Why should God be so good to me? And when I read these words my heart came to rest. Immediately I sang,

"This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long!"

And I realized, that "this is MY STORY..." He gave me a SONG! So just as the psalmist sang many years ago, so I'll join my voice with his...

"I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord.
I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord--in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord."

Psalm 116:17-19 NIV

No comments: