Saturday, November 8, 2008

How 'bout those Titans?


Okay, let's get back to the real reason we blog--to yick yack about the really important things in life.

Things like our Tennessee Titans! How about those Titans?

Now, I have to confess that I know very little about football. I'm one of those moms who says, "that's why I'm glad my son doesn't play." And when I watch those guys tackle one another--I praise God my son loves basketball!

But, I have to confess that I'm all caught up in Titan fever. We're undefeated, and I'm just sayin- that's something to brag about--don't you think?

Tom and I got to go to a Monday night game. Our good friends, the Chapman's invited us to join them in their high dollar seats. I'm not sure how high the dollar is--but since the seats are on the fifty yard line and the night we went we could practially talk in a normal voice to Eddie George, Steve McNair and that guy who owns the team--I figure they cost a pretty high dollar.

Anyway...sitting amongst the crowd I got a good taste of what it's all about. The game was great (we beat the Indianapolis Colts)--the booze was sloshing and the language made me blush (as did the scantily clad cheerleaders). I wish I could tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my time--but I have to confess I'd rather have my seat at home.

In my own house I can enjoy the game, actually see the instant replays, and listen to the commentators explain what's going on. I can control the noise, and monitor the language. The only thing sloshing is diet coke and maybe hot cocoa. I don't want to sound like a prude, but if preferring a wholesome atmosphere --and wishing the cheerleaders were clothed--makes me so, then I'll simply let you call me "a prude."

Don't get me wrong, dear Chapman's. I'm grateful for our time together. I actually admire the way you live your witness week in and week out as you dive right on in to the middle of that mayhem! I'll pray for you like I pray for the missionaries serving in the places we cannot mention.

But as for those Titans' we're going all the way! And when we get there this time, we're beating our opponent! Go Titans!

No comments: